Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Hello from under the equator and in PERÚUUUU
This week went well and we had an awesome baptism. Her name is Mabel. A couple of months ago her foot got run over by a motocar, so she is using crutches still and the water was really really cold!!!!! I baptized her, so we entered the water and we were both a little chilly. When I baptized her, her foot left the water. We had to do it again, so we put a chair in the font and she sat on it, and when I went to baptize her, she didn’t even go under...… Sooo, I kneeled down in the water and she sat on the steps of the font and she was baptized!!! It was awesome!!!!! Third time was the charm...... :) Then she shared her testimony and couldn’t get it all out because she said that she felt a peace inside, and then just started to cry. That moment was soooooo special and the whole room was quiet. Awesome!!!
We have also found two families this week that are great!!!! One of the other families that we are teaching accepted to be baptized on the 23rd!!! The work is progressing!!!!
My companion and I cover more than one ward, but we don’t work there always, just with references.
I have seen Elder Wood, from North Ogden, in my area a couple of times. He looks good!
Our visit to Parque de la Imaginacion was awesome! There was an earthquake room that shakes, a giant piano, a big bubble maker, an electric chair that works, a human gyro, a room that rolls and makes you dizzy, a giant human heart that lights up, and a couple of other things. The photo’s I sent are from the Imagination Park.
I know that this is our Savior’s church and that He is at the wheel today, guiding and directing us. I love the work and am excited to endure to the end!!!!!!
Also I found out that I will be finishing the mission here in my area right now!!!! And it is fine by me!!!
Happy 4th of JULYYYYY
Love, Joe


