Monday, September 27, 2010
Hola Hola!! From under the Equator!!!
Elder Calle went to the jungle!!! To Pucallpa!!! In my first area when I was there!!
And I have a new comp!! His name is Elder Dustin Jack Divis, from Colville, Washington!! I never thought that I would be with a gringo, but stranger things have happened!!! He is great!!! We are about the same height and he’s blond.
He speaks pretty good Spanish for just leaving the CCM. It was funny when they told us that we would be together, because I have never heard of two gringos being together here, but it’s great, we talk in Spanish all of the time so that he can get better.
On Friday we had a lesson with the mom of a recent member named Vilma and Elder Divis invited her to be baptized and she accepted, but told us in December, and then we invited her to pray with us and ask if these things were true and when she did so the Spirit was in the room with us and we invited her to be baptized the 23 of October and she said that would be fine. It was great!!!
Also, Saturday Elder Divis baptized Amparo Utrilla!!! On Saturday we had filled up the font and everything was ready, but the people to be baptized weren’t there and we were a little worried because it was a half hour late and Amparo hadn’t gotten there. So we went upstairs in the church to pray, and when we came down from talking with God, He had done miracles, she was waiting for us in the chapel!!! It went well and on Sunday she got confirmed!
This Sunday we will not be watching General Conference because there are elections here and we cant have meetings with any church or other group, we can’t even meet with anyone. :(
I know God lives and that he listens to his children. He loves us no matter what we do.
I love you all tons!!!
Love Elder Johnson!!!


