Monday, January 17, 2011

HOLA! from under the Equator!!!
Happy Bday Lexi!!!!!!!!
Sorry the email came on Tuesday, but we were in interviews with President Blunck on Monday! It went well and Tuesday we went to the Quistacocha tourist site here, it was cool and there were a lot of animals there, some that I had not seen before. At the end I ate the yummy SURI!!!!!! jajajaja I bit off it's head and put it in my mouth and..... took a picture... ate half of it and then started up the gag reflex... and I gagged a lot... I then threw it up, AWESOME!!!!! I can now say that I have eaten half of a suri.... jajajajajaja Sorry if it’s very full of imagery. :) 
We then went and received Elder Morales from Tarapoto and he stayed in our apt. for the capacitations that President Blunck gave us and that Elder Morales and my comp attended.  On Wednesday started the capacitation and my comp had two ingrown toenails operated on. Then we went to our room and I left to proselyte with President Blunck!!!!! He had given us two references to visit, and I went with him to teach them. Well, they both fell through, so we started to go with our plan B’s and they didn’t work out either, so we did contacts in the street and we found two families! One of them with 9 kids!!!!! It went well and I learned a little from him and about him. COOL!!!!
Thanks for the packages!!!!! They were/ are great!!!!!! Thanks for the tape!!!!!
Responses to moms questions: The Mission offices will stay there in Carlos Izaguirre124, on Pday we can do what we would like after lunch, but before lunch we always have time to email and an activity as a zone. For service we fix stairs, paint, clean, wash dishes.... :)
Our investigators we find through contacts and references, the references usually progress, while the others sometimes do.
I sleep in a mosquito net that is really hot!!!! With a fan all night. But I sleep all night and sometimes I sleep talk.  jajaja
I know  that the church is true!!!!
Love Elder JOE!