Monday, January 3, 2011
HOLA!!! Yehaw!!! From under the Equator!!!
Well, my New years Celebration went like this… we worked all day, and at about 8:30 p.m. we went to the ward party and they gave us rice and chicken, mmmmm. Then we went to our room and we watched outside as they were throwing corn starch at each other in the street, and they burned clothes stuffed with hay and fire crackers, that looked like mannequins. We were up until 1 a.m., because you cannot sleep here with all the fireworks that are going off.
We also have had some good lessons. Yesterday we went to teach the bishop’s more or less nanny, that helps in his house. She had felt the spirit in church yesterday and we invited her to be baptized. She told us that she is going back to her house today and that she won’t be in Iquitos for two weeks, but she was excited to hear about the gospel and will listen to us when she returns.
I’ll have to try the mazamorra morada with pancakes, sounds good!
The church is true!!!!! I read an article today from an Ensign of 2007 about the Book of Mormon and the fulfillment of it’s promises, and the story took place in Armenia. It was a good story and I felt the peace of the Spirit as I read.
I LOVE THE GOSPEL!! Fidelidad Hasta El Fin!!!!! God Lives!!!
Elder Joe!


