Monday, August 1, 2011
Feliz Cumpleaños a ti!!! Wooooo Hoooooooo!!!
This morning I was given a Peruvian birthday!!! Which means...... that they smash eggs on your head, and then they put a bunch of flour on top!!! They have fun with it. Last year I got out of it, because it was Sunday and nobody knew til the day before. Well, this year they knew, and soooo you can look at the pictures to see what happened.
Today we are planning on going to the center of Lima to a museum or something as a Zone, my comp knows all the info on where we are going.
This week was great!!! We had the new Elders from the CCM doing the practice proselyting in our zone on Saturday. We went with them to work in our areas for a day, and I felt like a new Elder again!!! It was fun to work with them a little, and to remember when I had just barely gotten here and didn’t understand anything that they were saying to me. They found an awesome lady that has passed through a couple of churches, but still has doubts. So we answered some of her questions, and now Elder Geronimo and I will be passing by to visit her again.
When we were finishing up the proselyting, I invited the Elders that I was with to a mil-hojas (NOTE: Mil hojas means a thousand 'sheets' or 'leaves' (in this case, layers of pastry), and there are almost a thousand South American interpretations of this classic French dessert, the napolean. This dulce de leche variation is quick and easy, looks beautiful, and is simply delicious. Serve it with fresh fruit, or dress it up with a layer or two of pastry cream. Some people like to roll the edges in coconut. Spread some extra dulce de leche around the the sides to help the coconut stick.) They thought they were in heaven, especially Elder Alley, from Texas, he just said “Mi Gusta!!!!!” (I like) about three times. It was cool to be with them.
The Lord has given me many blessings and I am happy right now!!! I love the work!!! How sweet it is!!!
What more can I say? I’m thankful for the Gospel plan! I know that we are in the Lord’s hands, we just have to trust in Him!!!!!!!! This is His work, and we are His servants!!! I know that this is Christ’s church, and that all of it’s teachings are the Truth. HE LIVES!!!!
Love Elder Joe!!!


