Monday, August 8, 2011


HEY HEY HEY!!! FROM UNDER THE EQUATOE!!!!
Well the week went well, and I didn’t get to eat *cuy, but that’s ok. (All the cuy’s were still babies so they didn’t do cuy).  I did have pizza and another cake..... so that was good..... and my comp smashed another egg on my head.... TRAITOR!!! Jajaja it’s all good.  (The Peruvian birthday tradition is to make a “cake” on the head).  They also gave me a ‘King Kong’, it’s a dessert here that is made from a hard bread with pineapple jam and date jam and Manjar (caramel) in the middle.  IT IS GOOD!!!!!!!  I will bring one home for you to try!
This week we had a family attend church.  They will be baptized on the 20th!  This family has prayed and received answers.  There were also 9 investigators there, it was awesome!!!!!!!!!  The work keeps moving forward!!! I love it soooooo much!!!!!!!!
I also felt the Spirit’s influence yesterday in fast and testimony meeting.  I wanted to get up and bear my testimony, but there was a line, and so there wasn’t time at the end.
We are keeping up the work and everything’s going good.  I love the Lord’s work and have seen His hand in many ways, especially changing lives. It truly is a marvelous work and a wonder.  I am thankful for all the blessings that the Lord has given me, I love the gospel!!!!!!  I just feel pushed to finish well, and to do my best until the end.
I love the work!!!!!!!! Endure to the END!!!!! Fidelidad Hasta el FIN!!!!!!
Love,
Elder Joe
*Guinea pigs (called cuy) were originally domesticated for their meat in the Andes. It continues to be a major part of the diet in Peru. Guinea pig meat is high in protein and low in fat and cholesterol, and is described as being similar to rabbit and the dark meat of chicken. The animal may be served fried (chactado or frito), broiled (asado), or roasted (al horno), and in urban restaurants may also be served in a casserole or a fricassee. Peruvians consume an estimated 65 million guinea pigs each year, and the animal is so entrenched in the culture that one famous painting of the Last Supper in the main cathedral in Cusco shows Christ and the twelve disciples dining on guinea pig.





Pres. & Sister Blunck with Missionaries in Lima