Monday, July 12, 2010
(Mom and Dad attended the Peruvian festival in Centerville last Friday. We told Joe something of our visit there and the food we ate, he starts with his response.)
Well did you like the Bisteck con papas???
How was the hot sauce? If it was creamy and yellowish it is called Papa ala Huancaina and it is amazing!!!!!
Also the cookies with caramel, aren’t with caramel :) They are called Alfajores and they have Manjar Blanco- from Tarma- it’s a regional thing here, and it is a milk product I think. :) google it :)
Did you try the Chicha Morada??? (the purple corn juice)????
It’s really good, and if it isn’t from the package, if it’s fresh, it is amazing!!!! But it does take a little getting used to.
Well I had a great week this week, we had a lot of lessons that were spiritual, and I saw a lot of miracles. One of them was with Hanibal, we were walking in the street and contacting people, and we came around the corner in his face and started to contact him and he said that he had listened to the missionaries in the Dominican Republic, and that we could visit him. When we could finally get there he said that he wanted to be baptized but that it would have to wait a little while because he is going to travel in two weeks, but it was still pretty cool to find him the way we did.
We also were working all day on Saturday, and the appointments weren’t home, so we were a little disappointed (jijijaja) and I remembered that the Branch president had given us a list of families to visit, and I could only remember one family’s name. We went to visit them and they introduced us to a family friend that we taught and she accepted to be baptized too!!! It was pretty amazing, and after Elder Peña told me that it was a miracle and that the Lord had blessed us for being obedient.
I love my Savior for all that He has done for me to rescue me. HE IS THE WAY, THE LIGHT, and THE LIFE. And I am grateful for Him and His love for all of us that made it possible for us to return to Him. This is HIS church restored on the earth. I testify of this in His holy name, Amen.
Elder G. Joe Johnson



