Monday, July 26, 2010

Hola!!!!!!! from Under the EQUATOR!!!
Well I got to baptize Hermana Dora Rojas on Saturday!!!!!! It was awesome!!! We got to the church on Saturday to help fill the Baptismal Font and the valve that lets out the water was open, but it’s outside and they had recently painted over it, so we couldn’t open the lid to turn it off. We tried about 15 times before we could finally lift it out, the lid weighs about fifty pounds and is cement and we found out that to lift it up we had to pull together and at the same time on the two handles. We finally got it out and then we found out that the water wasn’t filling very fast so we got out the hose to help fill it up. So, needless to say we started late, and at the same time the Branch was having an activity so all of the people were there to participate, and it went good. The water was really cold, and she was really nervous. But she told us after, that when she left the water she was at peace, in the exact moment when she left the water. She will be a great member here and a strength too.
This week was good, and yesterday we found a man selling cheese in the street and we started talking to him, and he let us taste his cheese, and it had a little of the taste of cheese curds from Beaver, it was pretty good. :) 
Also in the Branch party we did a little skit that was pretty good, but I won’t tell you about it because I will do it after the mission! :)
Well this week was testimony building, and I’m glad that I had so many opportunities to learn. I am also grateful that I have the gospel, I am glad that I have to live the true Gospel of Jesus Christ like it was taught by Christ himself. I love the feelings of the Spirit that fill my heart when I read the scriptures, pray, and participate in these things. I also am grateful for the love of an eternal family and I am starting to understand the ties between Heaven and Earth, like Elder John Groberg says in ¨The Other Side of Heaven¨, they make ¨all the difference.¨ I love The Work. I’m good, really good.
Love you all, Eternally.
Elder Joe Johnson