Friday, August 6, 2010

WOW!!!!!! Well this week has been a crazy one!!!!!
Thanks for all the emails!!!!!!!!! they rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I got the packages on Tuesday of last week after our District meeting. They gave me three!!!!!!!!! I was surprised, and I took them all the way home without opening them, then I told my comp that I would wait to open them.... we worked hard all day and when we got home I couldn’t wait. So I opened them and me and Elder Peña gained about 5 pounds each. jajajajaja  He loved the root beer licorice and got a kick out of eating Cerveza de raiz. :)
I still haven’t made the brownies, because on my birthday Mama Rose, Liseth, and Dejay (some members) gave me cake. Thanks so much for everything that you guys sent me!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well then we worked all week long and did service on Friday painting the new apartment of the ZL’s and then on Sunday I got to baptize Dejay!!!!!! It was pretty great, and when I was in the water I thought about when I got baptized, it was the same day as when he got baptized!!! I told him about that after, and he was surprised.  He thought it was cool that we got baptized on the same day.
Then we had cake in the church for his baptism and then we went to their house and they gave us oven chicken -really really good!- and papa a la huancaina (potatoes and cheese sauce) with Inca Kola and after that, they had another cake just for me and it was way good! I felt like I was home for a little while... It was cool. Oh! I almost forgot that she told me that if we wanted chicken I had to kill it, so on Friday I killed the rooster... yeah.... I     killed    it.....
Then on Monday we started the four day training that the President was going to give us. It was sooooo amazing, and I learned sooooo much about how we can really help the people that we teach. Also, the Spirit was really strong and I just loved being there and feeling it.
Also, today we went to the center of Lima and went through a Spanish Inquisition museum and I got left behind with E´ Peña and E´ Ruiz in a market there.
This Saturday we also have the baptism of Yoela Barrios planned, and she is so ready to make this step in her life, she has changed so much and has so much Faith in the Lord.
I love this work, I love all of you, and I will finish responding on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!
I am also getting changed, President told me in an interview I had, tell you more on Monday!!!!  
I love being a MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Elder Johnson