Monday, August 9, 2010
LO MAXIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, this week has been so great, Yoela got baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday, but the story of what passed with her is really special.
We taught her on Tuesday about the Sabbath day, and about how we shouldn’t work on Sunday, and her face went a little sour and she told us that she had a job where she had to work on Sundays. We were a little surprised though by what she said after, “but if it’s a commandment I won’t work on Sunday”. We were way happy with the decision that she made, but before we could offer the closing prayer she left to go to the bathroom, and before she came back we heard her talking on the phone. She then entered in the room and said that her boss from work had called and told her that she had to work Sunday and that she had told him “no,” and that he hung up. We got caught off guard by the faith that she has already, and all of the changes that she has made.
Also we saw trials on Saturday because a young woman of the Branch died and so they were using the chapel for her funeral, and at first we thought that it would have been better to have her (Yoela’s) baptism on Sunday. But she told us that she needed to be baptized Saturday, so we went to another chapel and I got to baptize her there.
Also, we talked in church on Sunday and I talked about how God exists and how we need to raise the “voice of warning” to every people as members of the church. Elder Peña talked about charity and many people from the ward said that these talks were needed on Sunday.
I am also going to BAYOVAR!!!!!!!!!! My change is as a District Leader in Wiesse with Elder Calle!!!!!!
I have had sooo much fun in this change and have learned to really love the people that we teach and also Elder Peña.
Also.... HAPPY B-DAY GWYN!!!!!!!
I know these things are true, and I love all of you!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder JOE Johnson


