Monday, August 23, 2010

Hola From under the EQUATOR!!!!!
Well I’m doing great!!!!! We had a baptism on Saturday!!!! I baptized Carlos Salgado and it was crazy good!!!!!  His wife passed away a couple of months ago and he is great!!!!! His daughter got baptized a while ago, and his son will soon be baptized. We got to the chapel at 3:30.  The baptism was at four, so we were getting the water ready and it was dirty.  We had to drain the font, and it took a long time, so we got out buckets and started to bail the water and dump it in the member closet. We worked for about 45 minutes doing that, and I said a little prayer that we could get the water out and that the font would fill quick, and it did!!!!! By the time we went to his house and returned, the font was half full and so we started the service and by the time we were going to enter, the water was full!!!!! The only thing I forgot to ask for was hot water, it was ice cold. jajaja But we entered and it went good and everything. Then afterwards we asked him how he felt and he told us that he had asked God to help him do it so that he could enter the water and not feel the cold and he said that he only felt the cold water when he entered and then it was warm!!!! It was cool!!!!!!
We also had service on Friday and we were moving sand (for cement) up a steep hill, and we also moved giant steel doors up the hill and it was fun, I love service. Then to get down the hill 14 Elders got on a little motor taxi and we went down the mountain!!!!! It was worse than a can of sardines!!!!
I love the work and I know that God loves each and every one of his children, He loves us and we can ask for His help any time we need it.
I love you all!!!!
Elder Joe Johnson