Monday, August 16, 2010
WOOOOTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! An uncle again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hola!!!! from under the equator!!!!!
Well my new comp is Elder Geovanny Leonel Calle Sanchez from Quevedo, Ecuador!!!!!!!!
He is lo maximo!!!!!!! He has six months in the mission, and has been in the same area the whole time. Well, my new area is different from my last area, I no longer have a branch and a ward, I have half of a ward!!!!! jajaja The reason why we are sharing is because the ward is gigantic!!!!!! It is about the size of all of North Ogden and Pleasant View, and it also has part of the Cerro or mountain where there are houses. The difference here is that the rich people live in the city and the poor live on the Cerro. The area is split though and we have more of the pavement in my area than the other area, so it’s a little bit easier to get around. Also, our apartment is one room and the bath room is teeny-tiny. IT ROCKS!!!!!!! Our pension lives a block away, and the Stake Center is around the corner, so it is very convenient to go to church and everything. :)
This week we also have helped four people to put dates for their baptisms!!! Two are going to be baptized this Saturday!!!! A father and son named Carlos and Jesus.
Also yesterday we were teaching a family about the restoration and Elder Calle taught about Joseph Smith and the Spirit was really strong, I love this gospel and say that the things that I am teaching are true and necessary for the Salvation of every person. The Gospel is the only bridge to the presence of God and we only have this Gospel because Christ suffered for our sins and errors in the garden of Gethsemane. I am so thankful for Him and the role he plays in the eternal plan of God.
Happy Birthday Annalyn!!!!!!
I love you Moms!!!!!!! I love you Dads!!!!!! and FAMILY!!!!!
Love Elder Joe Johnson


