I also love all of you! Hope you have a great week and take luck!!!!!
Monday, August 30, 2010
Buenos Dias!!!!!!! Hola!!! From under the equator!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I am doing amazing!!!!!!!! I have seen miracles this week.
On Monday we taught Bertha about the Book of Mormon for the second time and invited her to read and to pray about it (which we had done before, but she hadn’t done it). When we passed on Tuesday she told us that she hadn’t read because she didn’t have time, so we invited her again to read and pray, and we passed on Wednesday to see how she was and we got there and sat down on the couch and she told us all excited that she had to tell us something. So she started by telling us that she had read in the morning, and that she had gotten up early and had read all of the introduction and the testimony of Joseph Smith and that she had gotten to 1 Nephi and didn’t have too much time left, so she decided to open the book and to read what she found. When she opened the book (she opened to 3 Nephi 11) she started to read how Jesus came down in the middle of some people and started to let them touch His wounds in His hands and His side and that he taught about baptism and how we should be baptized in lots of water and in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. She told us “Jesus is talking right here and He talks about baptism and I want to be baptized like it says here”. She also explained that he was teaching his “doctrine.” Elder Calle and I just looked at her and smiled saying yeah it’s true and testifying that it is true and the Spirit was so strong there. I am so grateful for the moments when I can be a tool in the Lord’s hands to bring His children to know the truth. I love this work and know that it is true.
I also love all of you! Hope you have a great week and take luck!!!!!
I also love all of you! Hope you have a great week and take luck!!!!!
Elder Joe Johnson


