Monday, July 5, 2010

Hola!!!!!! From under the equator!!!!!!!
Happy Fourth of July to you!!!!!!!!!! All !!!!!
This week has been good, I have felt the Spirit a lot in our lessons and his guide in the things that I and my companion do every day.
This weekend, on Saturday, we were in the house of Ricardo’s aunt Zadith, she is a member, and he wasn’t there, he was sick so he couldn’t talk to us. We were a little sad, but we found ourselves with his cousin and we taught her and the Spirit was really strong, and she accepted to be baptized!!!  The only problem that she has is assisting the church, and she didn’t assist yesterday which was sad, but in ‘Preach My Gospel’ it says that we shouldn’t get discouraged if someone doesn’t accept what the Spirit teaches to their hearts. But I’m good and my companion too, we are working hard and trying to work smartly, but sometimes things just don’t go according to our plans. 
Last night was cool, someone was lighting off fireworks and I was thinking about all of the fireworks at Weber High that they light off.  It was great!  Happy 4th!!!!
My companion is cool, he reminds me a lot of Elder Aguirre and we get along pretty good, his dad works for the church in Guatemala.
I am still in the NORTE!!!!!!!! (Lima Peru North Mission)  It rocks!!!!!
We also had interviews with President Blunck (New Mission President) on Friday, they went well. He is from Oregon, and his wife is learning Spanish as her mission language!!!!  She can barely talk, but she uses one of the gringo Assistants to the President as her translator. :)  She reminds me a little of my Mom. :)
Well Love you Eternally!!!!!!!
Kia Kaha!!!!
Fidelidad Hasta el FIN!!!!
Elder Joe Johnson!!!!

p.s. I don’t know the direction (New mission home address) yet, but I will tell you next week.