Wednesday, November 18, 2009

HOLA!!!!! From under the equator!!!!  I’m am having tons of fun, and tons of success!!!! Thanks for all of your prayers!!!!


Yesterday I baptized Silvia Giron!!!!!  Her husband is a member, and two of her kids, and now their family is complete!!!!!  And in one year they can go to the temple to be sealed, and if I am in Lima, I can go with them. :)))))  During the week we taught her a lesson and she has been investigating the church for years, and we got her to commit to be baptized on the 28th of November. Then Elder Ruiz asked her what she was doing on Sunday, and she said nothing, and we got her to commit for Sunday.  She said that she was excited, and ready for this change, which was a huge difference from the first time we met her because the first time she wasn’t really involved at all, and now she is excited. :) It was an awesome baptism, three times :) The first time I skipped a word, the second time her knee came up and the third time, was the charm. :) It  was awesome :)


We have also had a lot of really good lessons, and found some families ready for the gospel. we did service on Saturday with one of them, The Familia Falcón.  We helped them put cement on their roof because it hardens and is waterproof.  It was fun, and I am still sore from it. :)


Oh, I love this work, and know it is true.  This is the best thing I could be doing right now, and the only place I want to be.  This gospel is true. We have a true and living, and loving, Prophet of God on the earth, and his name is Thomas S. Monson.  I love this work, and the change it brings in other peoples lives, and mine.  I know Joseph Smith was a Prophet and this church is true.


I LOVE YOU MORE :)   LOVE ELDER JOHNSON


Joe answered a few questions for us:


Could I get Elder Ruiz first name?  Otto Alejandro Ruiz
How long has Elder Ruiz been out on his mission?  11 months
From a large family?  5, he’s the only boy
How is the language coming?  good
Are you starting to "think" in Spanish?  um, yeah, it’s harder to think in english and translate stuff in my head
Where do you live in Huaral (what street)?  I don’t know the name, but the area is Las Dalias, close to the Bomberos.
Near city center or on the outskirts?  pretty close to the center.
Is it easy for people to get married in Peru?  No, and we have a lot of couples that want to get married but don’t have the money.
Do your contacts get excited about marriage?  some, more about baptism :)


Kia Kaha!