Monday, November 30, 2009
Hola!!!!! This week has been cool, and Elder Ruiz and I have had some really cool experiences together spiritually. We had a meeting with a third of the mission on the 25th in Lima with Elder Pino. He is an area seventy and from Venezuela. He and his wife talked to us and I learned a ton, and it was really one of the best things this week. Also, Presidente Pérez and his wife talked to us and it was just a really great conference. We also got more baptismal dates this week!!!! Two of them are for the Familia Mundo, a really cool family! They are just amazing. Every lesson we have, the dad, Cesar, almost cries and they have such a hunger to learn. Then we had a lesson in the house of a member and they invited a 19 year old to their house. His name is Armando, and when we started the lesson I had a really cool impression about all the people he will baptize in the future. It was really cool and he was so ready to accept everything, he just plain rocks!!!
Last night we had a really amazing lesson in the house of Eder and Consuelo. She was there with her kids and her sister, and we watched ¨El Restauracion¨ and then I bore my testimony and Elder Ruiz bore his testimony and he was crying. We could tell that they felt the spirit. It was one of the most spiritual lessons we have had so far and was ¨lo maximo¨!!!!!!!!!!!
This morning we found out that I have changes and Elder Ruiz doesn’t, which is sad, but I have loved my time with him.
I’M GOING TO PUCALLPA!!!! I just found out! Wow! This is amazing. I can’t wait. Everyone talks about the jungle, or ¨la selva¨ and says it is the best, so here goes nothing!!!!! Oh, I am so excited!!!!!!
Anyways, I have loved this week and loved being with Elder Ruiz and he is so amazing. I have loved this area and the people here. Oh how I love being a missionary!!!!!! It is the best, and I know that I am where I need to be. I also know that this is true church on the earth and it was restored by Joseph Smith. It’s true!!!!!
Love,
The Johnson under the Equator, Joe.


